The warm weather makes for mouth-watering summer produce (the heirlooms!), and it’s time to really take advantage of the farmers market bounty. Out of ideas after countless barbecues? Here are 11 brilliant ways to treat yourself, and those you cook for, to fabulous, fresh summer meals before August ends. —Emily Karr
1. The most unexpected, delicious way to eat tomatoes this summer
This is a super fresh, veggie-loving take on a classic recipe: New Tomatoes Rockefeller. And it’s ripe for your next BBQ.
2. 5 refreshing, super-creative summer juice recipes
These hydrating DIY blends use the season’s freshest produce—like peaches and zucchini—and provide sweet relief from the summer heat.
3. Beat salad boredom: 3 recipes to make for lunch all summer long
Recipes so easy, delicious, and pretty (hey, that’s important too), you’ll never want to buy lunch at work again.
4. The green juice that was made for hot summer days
Brought to you by a Rastafarian organic farmer and a veggie drink guru named Juicy, who make their blends cliffside, overlooking the ocean in Jamaica.
8. Summer Squash Tart from Sweetgreen’s Sweetlife
The D.C.-based salad joint shares healthy recipes—and the songs you should cook to. Try this in-season one to Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep.”